- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson praises members of parliament who were ‘banned’ by the Chinese government for ‘shining a light on gross human rights violations’.
- Clothing brand H&M became the target of Chinese celebrities, politicians and consumer boycotts after H&M stopped using cotton made with forced labour.
- After the EU, US and others imposed sanctions on a handful of Chinese politicians involved in Uighur forced labour, China retaliated with larger and broader sanctions against EU and other politicians.
- The World Health Organisation’s Director General severely criticized the inconclusive findings of the WHO investigation team sent to Wuhan which were seemingly denied full access to data.
- The US and UK condemned China’s anti democratic activities in Hong Kong saying it violates previous agreements.
- China’s non-interference with its ally Myanmar may be backfiring.
- The US and Japan condemn China’s activities in Myanmar as ‘destabilizing behavior’.
- Hundreds of Chinese ships arrive at another Philippine island after a spate of islands were taken and militarized by China.
- A Chinese cyber hacker group breached India’s electrical infrastructure. https://www.scmagazine.com/home/security-news/apts-cyberespionage/chinese-redecho-hacking-indian-critical-infrastructure/
- China and Russia agree to create a joint lunar space station.